Step 1 - Connect the ATA to your network
- Plug the cord(s) of your analogue telephone(s) on port(s) A. The
left one is port-1.
- Plug a UTP Ethernet cable connected to your network (Hub, Switch
- Plug the power supply of the ATA-186 on port C and then on a power
* If you have received a pre-configured device directly from VoIP,
go to step 4
Step 2 - Verify the IP address of your ATA
The Cisco ATA is coming standard configured with its DHCP client
enabled. A DHCP sever required in your network in order to provide
it with an IP address.
- Pickup the phone connected on port 1
- Press the red-light button on the top
- Listen the voice configuration menu, and
- Enter 80# when you are prompted to "enter menu"
- Listen the IP address of your ATA
Step 3 - Use a browser to login and configure your ATA
- Open a web browser to the address: http://<IPADDRESS>/dev,
where <IPADDRESS>is the IP address of your ATA-186 (found
previously during the pre-configuration step 2).
- On the displayed web page set or confirm the following settings:
UID0 <YOUR account> e.g. 555xxxxxxx
PWD0 <YOUR password>
Press the Apply button at the bottom of the web page, and then
select the Reload link at the top of the page, to reboot your ATA
Step 4 - Start using your ATA
Pick up the phone, hear the dial tone, and start dialing: