Q : How do I reboot my ATA?
A : - Unplug only the power cable from the back of your cable/DSL
modem. - If you have a router, unplug its power cable. - Unplug
the black power cable from the back of the ATA. - Wait at least
2 minutes or follow the Cable/DSL modems manufacturer's instructions.
- Plug your Cable/DSL modems power cable back into your device and
wait for it to start up completely before continuing. - If you have
a router, plug the power cable back in and wait for it to start
up completely before continuing. - Plug in the power cable for the
ATA. ? Wait at least 3 minutes. - Reboot your computer and check
to make sure that you have an Internet connection. - Pick up the
telephone receiver and listen for a dial tone.
Q : My ATA stopped working. Please help!
A : Do the following:
- Make sure the telephone is plugged into the appropriate port,
Phone 1 or Phone 2.
- Disconnect and re-connect the RJ-11 telephone cable between the
Router and telephone.
- Make sure your telephone is set to its tone setting (not pulse)
- Reboot your ATA
- Check your computer to make sure that you have an Internet connection.
Q : Why is the quality on my line poor?
A : Poor quality is usually associated with Internet connectivity
issues. High latency (too much time for the data to be transmitted
over your Internet connection) and packet loss (information is lost
over your Internet connection) can adversely affect your calling
experience. Contact your broadband Internet provider for inquiries
as to any such problems with your connection.